Friday, February 17, 2017

Minty + Mango

I have had many people ask me "Why did you choose 'MintyMango' as your blog name?"
Well, as you might can tell, I've devoted this post to answering that very question.

Image result for wint o green painting

(I also use "MiMango" because in Spanish "mi mango" means "my mango".)

    The first reason I chose to use "minty" is that I like mints. I have memories in eight grade sitting in a room with blue walls, staring out the window at the trees, sucking on a mint while trying to avoid the homework I had for the day. I spent a lot of my time day-dreaming and looking at the things around me, though I knew each object by heart. I would dream about all the conversations I thought I might have one day, though most are very unlikely to happen at all. Anyway, mints remind me of a very specific time in my life. (Peppermints are a different story, though. I still like them, but they remind me of a different memory.)

Aside from personal memories, I think of the following words when I think of mint and blogging:
-Spicy
-Flavorful
-Interesting

     These are all characteristics I hope to have throughout my blog. I want it to be thought-provoking, full of variety, and attention-getting. I know there are a few current issues that prevent it from being fully attention-getting, but I'm writing here for improvement and as a stress-reliever.

    That brings me to the last word in my blog name: Mango. I also love mangos, especially the good ones. Mangos may not be for everyone, and some people might be allergic to them (they are a cousin to poison ivy, after all.) I like the juicy, peach-textured, and non-stringy type of mango. They are very rare in the states and the ones that can be found have usually been picked green and are not as flavorful or 'meaty' as if they had been picked ripe. A good mango also reminds me of a time in the past. It was a happy time when I first started to decide who I was and one that made me more of who I am today.

   As far as what "mango" means for my blog, it is really there because it is something I like. Not everyone likes them and I understand that. Not everyone will like my blog, so I have to realize that, too. I am still proud of most of the stuff I do post. In summation, "mango" means it is personal and a little bit of who I am.

I hope finding out about my blog title has been entertaining for you.



Related image

Blessings to you, my lovely readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment