Monday, May 8, 2017

Dragon to the Knight

(Extended Title: The Discussed Dragon to the Knight in Shinny Armour. -Alternate Title: Armour for Amor-)

You come at me
With armor on your knee.
You're covered in silver
And shout, "I will kill her!"

I raise my scaly jaws
And ready my sharp claws.
We're to go through the motions
So you can smell the lady's lotions.

Or we could change it all!
T'would be quick, none would fall.
We don't have to fight,
For I'd carry you by flight!

The girl in the tower,
I, in my power, and
You with a sword and shield
Could avoid this battlefield.*

Image result for dragon and knight

(I do not own this picture.)

*So I feel like this piece needs a bit of background so that the specific meaning is not lost in interpretation. This poem comes from my love for fairy tales (especially fractured ones) and a perspective of a girl who finds herself fancying a guy. His intentions for a girl surface, but she is not the one he pursues. His mission is for another girl. Since he doesn't choose her, it can make her feel ugly (much like a dragon in the human's opinion). The poem captures her begging to be chosen instead of having her heart broken.

2 comments:

  1. I like this very much. The concept is gold, and I vote for "Armour for Amor."

    ReplyDelete